The busy European summer conference season is almost upon us, so I’d just like to share with you all of the opportunities you’ll have to meet us and learn about the Progenesis range.
It all kicks off in the last week of August with the bi-annual International Mass Spectrometry Conference (IMSC), this year held in the beautiful city of Geneva at the Centre International De Conférences, Geneva (CICG). IMSC organisers are expecting around 1200 delegates to attend the week-long conference, so we’re anticipating another non-stop meeting. Once again, we’ll be busy demonstrating the new Progenesis QI range, as was the case at ASMS in Baltimore and then again at the Metabolomics 2014 conference in Japan.
Shortly after IMSC, we are due to attend what’s being touted as “the metabolomics research conference of Europe”, Metabomeeting. This is being held at another prestigious venue: the Royal Institution in London. The organisers are expecting 300 attendees and are aiming to make the event as valuable as possible to both industry and academia.
In September, we will be co-hosting a series of technology seminars with Waters, entitled Frontiers in metabolomics & lipidomics. These will take place at select European research hub locations, with the aim of the seminars focussed on discussing how new tools work together to provide superior workflows for lipidomics and metabolomics analyses.
Solutions will be presented from:
- Small molecules research scientists talking about the workflows they are implementing to overcome challenges,
- Waters separations science specialists discussing the novel analytical technologies to address these same challenges, and
- Progenesis QI specialists showing off the objective and robust data analysis workflow designed to overcome small molecules research challenges
The first two locations of the workshops have been confirmed, with details on more venues and speakers to follow:
- On the 15th September, the technology roadshow will kick off at VIB department of Plant Systems in Ghent, Belgium – Geert Goeminne works in the Bioenergy group at VIB and will be delivering a talk on his work using LC-MS for metabolic profiling of plant energy systems.
- On the 16th September, a second seminar will be held at Aix Marseille Université for a meeting hosted by Jean-Charles Martin of the French National Institute for Agricultural Research.
We will have other meetings across Switzerland and Germany, with more information on dates and venues to come.
The last conference of the summer/autumn for us will be the 13th Human Proteome Organisation World Congress (HUPO), in Madrid. HUPO really takes Progenesis back to its roots as this is the annual proteomics event which brings everyone in proteomics together. We attend every year as it is an ideal opportunity for us to catching up with a lot of old faces and to meet a few new ones too.
If you’re planning on attending any of these events or would like more information on how to book on to the technology seminars, please do get in touch. We hope to see you soon!